The Mueller Family

The Mueller Family

Friday, September 17, 2010

Why would you JUMP out of a perfectly Good Airplane?

First let me confirm what you are all thinking, yes, I know I'm CRAZY!!!!!! This is something I've always wanted to do but have always been to scared to do it. I figured now that I'm 40, what better time to go skydiving. I'm NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER...that's for sure! This was my birthday present to myself! I made my appointment for the 7th of July 2010 in Homestead (south of Miami, FL.) My family, my sister Kelly & my friend David & his kids all came because they wanted to see me splat on the ground. This is a picture of me with my all my boys before I took the big jump. I really wasn't too nervous now, which really surprised me, because I had not been able to sleep the night before I from such major anxiety. Believe it or not, at this point, I was rather calm.


This was our little airplane that we jumped out of. Can I tell you at this point I was a little nervous especially since I DON'T like propeller airplanes at ALL! They really scare me to death! Inside the plane there were 2 other couples that were jumping tandem as well as 2 single jumpers. Also in the plane were camera men with a two cameras attached to their helmets for both video and stills. It wasn't until we got to 11,000 ft that I looked out the window & was thinking........I MUST BE ON DRUGS!!!! It was a LONG way down. When we reached the heights of 13,500 ft it was time to take that "leap of faith".


Here we go............I was really scared just for a brief second at the edge of the plane looking down but once Randy my instructor jumped it was incredible! I really can't explain the feeling, exhilarating I one word. I truly LOVED the free fall, which lasts about 1 min. We did spins and more spins....it was AWESOME! I can really see why people get hooked on this sport.

Here is Randy & I. I'm so glad that I had the nerve to do it & I can't wait to go AGAIN! Who is with me next time?
This is a picture that Karl took with his telephoto lens, way cool. The one thing that really made me nervous was the landing because of my knee. I was scared that the landing would be hard & mess my knee up again. To my relief, the landing was AMAZING all I had to do was just stand up & that was it. Yeah! When we landed safe on the ground and I was kind of in shock that I had actually done it. The adrenalin rush lasted all day.

4 comments:

Stephanie Black said...

Ok Heather! I'm so proud of you...not for the jump (I just think you are crazy for that), but for doing this blog!!! I love it. I love your family picture. You look awesome and the boys look grown up. Happy 40th (I think it was a while ago), and way to go on the jump! Now lets see the next story...

James and Tricia Thomas said...

You are kind of crazy to do that!! There is something to be said about doing something like that! I think on my 40th I will drowned my sorrow's in a Dr. Pepper! :)

Hayden Mueller said...

this is me hayden i am now 11 :)

Hayden Mueller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.